Chem-Dry Atlanta’s History
In March of 1985, two budding entrepreneurs took a leap of faith and left corporate America (cold turkey) to pursue the American Dream of owning their own business.
Hi. We’re Stu and Robyn Smith. We started our first Chem-Dry franchise in East Cobb Georgia with a strong belief in ourselves and the Chem-Dry process but sadly very little money. During the first two years, we had to borrow money from relatives just to pay our bills. With 2 kids, a mortgage, and 2 car payments we HAD to succeed!
As the first Chem-Dry franchise in the Greater Atlanta area we had our work cut out for us educating prospective clients. In fact, our first commercial job was acquired at a Pony League baseball game where Stu was a coach (wearing his Chem-Dry shirt of course!).
Enthusiasm, lots of “shoe leather” marketing, and hard work allowed us to build a loyal customer base and expand into a new territory in 1988. We now own 6 franchises in 10 counties with a fleet of 7 vans and 8 service professionals.
The most rewarding aspects of owning our own business have been the ability to take time off to attend our children’s functions, send our children to college, and provide good jobs for our associates.
We choose to be lead by our unchanging core values:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing even when it hurts
- Honesty – Demonstrate trustworthiness in all of our words and actions
- Respect – For both our employees and our valuable employees and clients
- Responsibility – To be good stewards of the resources God has provided
Because our commitment to quality workmanship and professional dependable service, Chem-Dry® Atlanta has been awarded the following prestigious awards from among 2,500 franchises in the United States:
- Chem-Dry® Franchise of the Year
- Chem-Dry® Marketer of the Year
- Chem-Dry® Ambassador Award
- Chem-Dry® Presidents Award
- Chem-Dry® Circle of Excellence
That’s our story. It would be a privilege and a pleasure to put our experience and expertise to work for you. Give one of our certified customer service reps a call right now.
- Bryan did a great job! Highly recommended.Summer Peoples
- Bryan did an awesome job!I thought the carpet in my home office was done, but Chem-Dry brought it back to life!Mark Veal
- Chem-Dry did a fantastic job cleaning our stairways and removing pet stains and odors! Bryan was knowledgeable, professional and friendly.April LePage
- My technician was polite and knowledgeable. The owners are engaged and thankful for the opportunity to gain our business.Nikki C
- Excellent services to take care of pet issues on beds and carpets. It looks and smells great everywhere!Carrie K
- They never disappoint. The technicians I've had are always professional, polite, knowledgeable, and are genuinely excited about what they do.Lee Huey
- Excellent first time experience! Bryan called when he was about 15 minutes away, which was greatly appreciated.Whitney Blair Hebron
- Wow! Where do I start? Michael is an absolutely incredible employee. The Chem-Dry team is lucky to have him. Great company. Cost-effective.Brianna Dinoff