Chem-Dry Atlanta’s History
In March of 1985, two budding entrepreneurs took a leap of faith and left corporate America (cold turkey) to pursue the American Dream of owning their own business.
Hi. We’re Stu and Robyn Smith. We started our first Chem-Dry franchise in East Cobb Georgia with a strong belief in ourselves and the Chem-Dry process but sadly very little money. During the first two years, we had to borrow money from relatives just to pay our bills. With 2 kids, a mortgage, and 2 car payments we HAD to succeed!
As the first Chem-Dry franchise in the Greater Atlanta area we had our work cut out for us educating prospective clients. In fact, our first commercial job was acquired at a Pony League baseball game where Stu was a coach (wearing his Chem-Dry shirt of course!).
Enthusiasm, lots of “shoe leather” marketing, and hard work allowed us to build a loyal customer base and expand into a new territory in 1988. We now own 6 franchises in 10 counties with a fleet of 7 vans and 8 service professionals.
The most rewarding aspects of owning our own business have been the ability to take time off to attend our children’s functions, send our children to college, and provide good jobs for our associates.
We choose to be lead by our unchanging core values:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing even when it hurts
- Honesty – Demonstrate trustworthiness in all of our words and actions
- Respect – For both our employees and our valuable employees and clients
- Responsibility – To be good stewards of the resources God has provided
Because our commitment to quality workmanship and professional dependable service, Chem-Dry® Atlanta has been awarded the following prestigious awards from among 2,500 franchises in the United States:
- Chem-Dry® Franchise of the Year
- Chem-Dry® Marketer of the Year
- Chem-Dry® Ambassador Award
- Chem-Dry® Presidents Award
- Chem-Dry® Circle of Excellence
That’s our story. It would be a privilege and a pleasure to put our experience and expertise to work for you. Give one of our certified customer service reps a call right now.
- Nick was great!They got here on-time and got my carpets cleaned up.The UPS Store
- Mike Clark did an excellent job on my carpet and furniture! Certainly went beyond the call of dutyD. LaVert Winston
- Wonderful experience! Carpets look great and they were very professional!Kelly Dean
- Brian did a great job with cleaning our carpets prior to the move. Thanks Brian and Chem-Dry ATL!Jaivi George
- Great service. Very quick and efficient. Bryan was great and very professional.Jane Blount
- They did a great job. Arrived on time, worked efficiently, and answered all my questions. Great job. Thanks Michael and Kyle!Connie Halligan
- Bryan did an excellent job! On time and respectfully wore his mask!Lori Morcos
- The technicians were extremely knowledgable and really took their time. I will definitely use them again!Amy Smith