Area Rug Cleaning
Rug Specialists in Atlanta
Everything looks better after a good bath – especially rugs! Oriental and area rugs are not just treasures, they are also valuable investments that with care can last generations. Whether a full submersion bath with wool-safe approved products or a meticulous dry cleaning, The Rug Studio @ Chem-Dry Atlanta offers your rugs the best care available. Our Rug Studio is a state-of-the-art cleaning facility that is dedicated to the cleaning and care of fine rugs. Serving the Atlanta area since 1985, we thoroughly and safely wash natural fiber textiles (wool, silk and cotton) and synthetic textiles (nylon, olefin and others). We provide an effective, yet gentle cleaning process.
Our Cleaning Process
1. Pre-Inspection: We inspect your rug thoroughly on both the front and back sides. We also test the dyes of your rug for colorfastness.
2. Dust Removal: A wool rug can hold POUNDS of soil in its fibers. We use a variety of techniques to “dust” your rug. Gently beating the rug from the backside with specialized machines allows soils to drift downward and out of the rug.
3. Submersion Bath: Rugs have been woven for thousands of years and have been washed for thousands as well. Your rug is washed using mild rug shampoos and cool water. We do not use hot water, harsh detergents or high heat.
4. Drying: All of our rugs are laid out flat to dry. Air movers are used to help facilitate drying, and dehumidifiers help control the drying environment.
5. Grooming: Finally, we detail the fringe and give your rug a final inspection. Then it’s ready for delivery.
- I have had several companies clean my carpet, area rugs and furniture over the years, but Solybeth is so helpful and responsive making scheduling easy and Ricky is friendly and professional.Jennifer Simcox
- My husband and I have lived in a house that has incredibly old and worn down carpet, and finally decided to try Chem-Dry after being disappointed by other carpet cleaning companies.Elena K
- Kevin was courteous and very professional. He communicated with me and was at my residence waiting for me. He went the extra mile.Kim Ellis
- Remove pet stains & odorsNatalie Rodriguez
- Just WOW! My High traffic areas were so gross and stained. I’m so happy I found this company. Professional and quality work!Natalie Rodriguez
- Clean carpetWm. Kenneth Wilkerson
- 5 stars !!!Wm. Kenneth Wilkerson
- Clean carpetFran Ritter