Area Rug Cleaning
Rug Specialists in Atlanta
Everything looks better after a good bath – especially rugs! Oriental and area rugs are not just treasures, they are also valuable investments that with care can last generations. Whether a full submersion bath with wool-safe approved products or a meticulous dry cleaning, The Rug Studio @ Chem-Dry Atlanta offers your rugs the best care available. Our Rug Studio is a state-of-the-art cleaning facility that is dedicated to the cleaning and care of fine rugs. Serving the Atlanta area since 1985, we thoroughly and safely wash natural fiber textiles (wool, silk and cotton) and synthetic textiles (nylon, olefin and others). We provide an effective, yet gentle cleaning process.
Our Cleaning Process
1. Pre-Inspection: We inspect your rug thoroughly on both the front and back sides. We also test the dyes of your rug for colorfastness.
2. Dust Removal: A wool rug can hold POUNDS of soil in its fibers. We use a variety of techniques to “dust” your rug. Gently beating the rug from the backside with specialized machines allows soils to drift downward and out of the rug.
3. Submersion Bath: Rugs have been woven for thousands of years and have been washed for thousands as well. Your rug is washed using mild rug shampoos and cool water. We do not use hot water, harsh detergents or high heat.
4. Drying: All of our rugs are laid out flat to dry. Air movers are used to help facilitate drying, and dehumidifiers help control the drying environment.
5. Grooming: Finally, we detail the fringe and give your rug a final inspection. Then it’s ready for delivery.
- We are very pleased with Chem-Dry! We had pet stains and our carpet looks brand new! Nick did a great job!Sonya Bryan
- Technician Kevin worked miracles on my carpet! My carpet is older and was terribly stained. When he finished, it looked like new. Thank you!Casey Hawley
- My carpets, area rugs, sectional, and dinning room chairs look awesome!Toni Glass
- Leon was great and very professional. Needed a cleaning and refreshing of the carpets as we are selling our house.AC VoaM
- Super service. Our carpet looks great.Marsha Joyner
- Bryan did a great job! Highly recommended.Summer Peoples
- Bryan did an awesome job!I thought the carpet in my home office was done, but Chem-Dry brought it back to life!Mark Veal
- Chem-Dry did a fantastic job cleaning our stairways and removing pet stains and odors! Bryan was knowledgeable, professional and friendly.April LePage