Area Rug Cleaning
Rug Specialists in Atlanta
Everything looks better after a good bath – especially rugs! Oriental and area rugs are not just treasures, they are also valuable investments that with care can last generations. Whether a full submersion bath with wool-safe approved products or a meticulous dry cleaning, The Rug Studio @ Chem-Dry Atlanta offers your rugs the best care available. Our Rug Studio is a state-of-the-art cleaning facility that is dedicated to the cleaning and care of fine rugs. Serving the Atlanta area since 1985, we thoroughly and safely wash natural fiber textiles (wool, silk and cotton) and synthetic textiles (nylon, olefin and others). We provide an effective, yet gentle cleaning process.
Our Cleaning Process
1. Pre-Inspection: We inspect your rug thoroughly on both the front and back sides. We also test the dyes of your rug for colorfastness.
2. Dust Removal: A wool rug can hold POUNDS of soil in its fibers. We use a variety of techniques to “dust” your rug. Gently beating the rug from the backside with specialized machines allows soils to drift downward and out of the rug.
3. Submersion Bath: Rugs have been woven for thousands of years and have been washed for thousands as well. Your rug is washed using mild rug shampoos and cool water. We do not use hot water, harsh detergents or high heat.
4. Drying: All of our rugs are laid out flat to dry. Air movers are used to help facilitate drying, and dehumidifiers help control the drying environment.
5. Grooming: Finally, we detail the fringe and give your rug a final inspection. Then it’s ready for delivery.
- Flexible and able to work around my schedule. They did a great job!Ashley Larrea
- I would definitely recommend this company and especially Keith!Lora Stepp
- Wonderful people to deal with!Terrific job too! I certainly will refer them and personally use their services again! Thanks , Ronnie DininRonnie Dinin
- Great workCashana Walker
- They’re quick, professional, and fabulous people! Steele Dermatology thanks you!!!Katrina Rhodes
- Bryan did a great job and got out some really tough stains I was sure were permanent! I wish we had done this months ago!Andrew Watson
- Everyone is professional and friendly. Bonus is that the carpets are dry within an hour or two so that you can use the rooms again.Charlotte Ericson
- Bryan did an awesome job cleaning the sofas & carpet! Great communication & attention to detail. Highly recommend!Kristine Z