Spot Removal Steps
1. Act Quickly! Most carpet available today has been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the probability of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and there is not a carpet that is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling (no printing).
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing may cause pile distortion in the affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer, color change, or damage to the carpet. If a change occurs, another cleaning solution should be selected.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and work in gently.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call us today at (404) 445-0086 to order with your next cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Chem-Dry Atlanta at (404) 445-0086 to see if we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
- Jordan did an outstanding job cleaning our carpets. He is a bright and articulate young man with a great future ahead of him.Cathy Strobel Trentacosta
- Thanks so much Jordan for doing a great job cleaning our carpets!Donna Angelillis Bausum
- Bryan and Junior came to clean the carpets in our new rental today and did an awesome job! I’ll be using Chem-Dry Atlanta again!Alesha Oni
- Bryan’s expertise in getting stains out is amazing. Carpets come out looking like new. The company is always efficient and on time.Fredi Thorner Smolen
- Chem Dry was professional, fast, and did a great job!Briania Simmons
- Bryan and Dan did a wonderful job in my home. This is my second time using them. Use a special cleaner for my cotton and silk seat cushion.Lori Blong
- Jordan cleaned my carpets yesterday and he was so efficient and caring.Laura Eidson Hamling
- Great service by Bryan.. Ontime , very professional and highly recommended!!flo kigathi