Basic Rug Care
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, shake the rug outside first and then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble your rug dry at the lowest heat setting.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it like your grandmother taught you. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time and aggravation by calling first to see if the cleaner does rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with Chem-Dry Atlanta‘s technicians who have been trained as Area Rug Experts for off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require special technique. Use gentle suction and start from the center of the carpet, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call Chem-Dry Atlanta at (404) 445-0086 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Jordan did an outstanding job cleaning our carpets. He is a bright and articulate young man with a great future ahead of him.Cathy Strobel Trentacosta
- Thanks so much Jordan for doing a great job cleaning our carpets!Donna Angelillis Bausum
- Bryan and Junior came to clean the carpets in our new rental today and did an awesome job! I’ll be using Chem-Dry Atlanta again!Alesha Oni
- Bryan’s expertise in getting stains out is amazing. Carpets come out looking like new. The company is always efficient and on time.Fredi Thorner Smolen
- Chem Dry was professional, fast, and did a great job!Briania Simmons
- Bryan and Dan did a wonderful job in my home. This is my second time using them. Use a special cleaner for my cotton and silk seat cushion.Lori Blong
- Jordan cleaned my carpets yesterday and he was so efficient and caring.Laura Eidson Hamling
- Great service by Bryan.. Ontime , very professional and highly recommended!!flo kigathi