Carpet Care Tips
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. Understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great at the same time.
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime. For premium cleaning benefits, ask about our 6-month cleaning programs.
Stop Dirt at the Door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats : Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Take off your shoes : You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before entering your home.
- Change your air filters : Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet.
- Jordan did an outstanding job cleaning our carpets. He is a bright and articulate young man with a great future ahead of him.Cathy Strobel Trentacosta
- Thanks so much Jordan for doing a great job cleaning our carpets!Donna Angelillis Bausum
- Bryan and Junior came to clean the carpets in our new rental today and did an awesome job! I’ll be using Chem-Dry Atlanta again!Alesha Oni
- Bryan’s expertise in getting stains out is amazing. Carpets come out looking like new. The company is always efficient and on time.Fredi Thorner Smolen
- Chem Dry was professional, fast, and did a great job!Briania Simmons
- Bryan and Dan did a wonderful job in my home. This is my second time using them. Use a special cleaner for my cotton and silk seat cushion.Lori Blong
- Jordan cleaned my carpets yesterday and he was so efficient and caring.Laura Eidson Hamling
- Great service by Bryan.. Ontime , very professional and highly recommended!!flo kigathi