Carpet Care Tips
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. Understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great at the same time.
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime. For premium cleaning benefits, ask about our 6-month cleaning programs.
Stop Dirt at the Door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats : Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Take off your shoes : You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before entering your home.
- Change your air filters : Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet.
- Wow! Where do I start? Michael is an absolutely incredible employee. The Chem-Dry team is lucky to have him. Great company. Cost-effective.Brianna Dinoff
- Michael was very professional and courteous. Will definitely call Chem-Dry of ATL next time I need to have the carpets cleaned.Meg D
- Bryan arrived early and did a wonderful job restoring two armchairs and a headboard to like-new condition.Saphire Sumpter
- They were absolutely professional. I had them clean a fabric Queen size bed and the work they did was outstanding.Paul Lorenzo
- Bryan did an excellent job, he was on time and thorough!I just moved in to a new home and there were pet stains.The pet stains came right up and the carpet looks brand new.I highly recommend Chem-Dry Atlanta, the office staff is friendly AND they actually call you back unlike other companies in the area.Byron
- The Chem-Dry Technician, Michael, arrived on time and immediately assessed my furniture and thoroughly explained what was needed to clean my coffee stained sofa Bernhardt sofa.Monica
- Wonderful carpet cleaning! My carpets look and smell so fresh. Thanks so much Chem-dry!!!Jenn Arthur
- Michael provided friendly, professional, and effective service one again. I highly recommend him and Chem-Dry Atlanta!Kevin Waits