Carpet Care Tips
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. Understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great at the same time.
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime. For premium cleaning benefits, ask about our 6-month cleaning programs.
Stop Dirt at the Door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats : Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Take off your shoes : You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before entering your home.
- Change your air filters : Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet.
- Nick was great!They got here on-time and got my carpets cleaned up.The UPS Store
- Mike Clark did an excellent job on my carpet and furniture! Certainly went beyond the call of dutyD. LaVert Winston
- Wonderful experience! Carpets look great and they were very professional!Kelly Dean
- Brian did a great job with cleaning our carpets prior to the move. Thanks Brian and Chem-Dry ATL!Jaivi George
- Great service. Very quick and efficient. Bryan was great and very professional.Jane Blount
- They did a great job. Arrived on time, worked efficiently, and answered all my questions. Great job. Thanks Michael and Kyle!Connie Halligan
- Bryan did an excellent job! On time and respectfully wore his mask!Lori Morcos
- The technicians were extremely knowledgable and really took their time. I will definitely use them again!Amy Smith